Playing host or planning a potluck? We have just the right thing for you to whip up. These chicken skewers will have everyone wanting seconds or even thirds for sure. It’s quite easy to make, but so full of flavor.
- 1.5kg boneless chicken thighs, - cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large colored bell peppers cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large white onion cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- Minced ginger
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- Vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, honey, soy sauce, and black pepper. Before adding chicken, reserve a small amount of marinade to brush onto the skewers while cooking. Place the chicken, garlic, onions and peppers in the bowl, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours (the longer the better).
- Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables, and discard marinade. Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto the skewers.
- Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken juices run clear. Turn and brush with reserved marinade frequently.
- For a spicy option, add chopped chilies to the marinade. Brush the done skewers with tabasco sauce for a kick.
- These go well with potato wedges and some tzatziki sauce, and of course, washed down with a cold Tusker Malt.
Experiment. Taste then share with us your pictures.