29 Jul 2022
Tusker Lite has always been committed to nature’s conservation and sustainability in the country. This year, our involvement in the Lewa Marathon aided in:
- Battling climate change and biodiversity loss; the two of the biggest challenges of our time
- Raising funds to help conserve populations of black rhino and the critically
- endangered Grevy’s zebra.
- Eliminating nearly 300kg of single use plastic from the event.
- Working towards a completely carbon neutral marathon through a tree-planting programme supported by participants
- Supporting local communities across Northern, Central and Coastal Kenya (and within Lewa) with education, healthcare and infrastructure programmes.
So far, the event has raised over Ksh982.3 million (USD 8,600,000) for these causes since the year 2000.
The Marathon is regarded as one of the toughest marathons in the world with runners of all abilities taking part – from elite professionals like Marathon World Record Holder Eliud Kipchoge to amateur runners and walkers.